Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mardi Gras

Wow! Mardi Gras is AMAZING! Standing in the crowds hoping to catch beads is one thing but standing up on the float throwing beads is so different. Last night my family and I (along with a family friend) got to be on the King and Queen float at Universal Studios Mardi Gras. After a while your arms starts to hurt so you quickly try to switch your throwing arm without the guests getting really angry. Since we were up high it was hard to get all the little kids in the front who had a few beads around their neck. At one point we stopped and we still had to throw beads. We were told to be halfway through the beads by the halfway point. Unfortunately, I was halfway through before the halfway point so I tried to slow down but it is really hard. People started to scream louder and jump to try to get my attention for more beads. Luckily, our bead captain came around and gave us more beads. Before we got on the float we were told to get rid of all the beads. By the time we got halfway I was trying to keep throwing beads so we ran out but not to run out until the very end. The parade was done so quickly I hadn't realized that 45 minutes had gone by. I am so glad that we got to do this again and I hope to do it again next year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment